Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Oct 8, 2014

Week in Review 8/3/14

    In our homeschool this week…
We used Legos and Schoolhouse Rock videos to introduce multiplication.  The boys have already memorized many of the songs that are more like skip counting; threes, for instance.

We had our last VBS of the summer this week.  The theme was Blast Off to God's Faithfulness.
Day 1, I entertained Merrick at Trish's.  Day 2, I found out he could attend the tot class and I had two quiet hours of reading in the car.  Sadly, Day 3, he was frightened by the use of the word "elevator" during a time machine skit and that was the end of my quiet time in the car for the week.  He did well, he just needed me nearby.  The bigger littles received good reports and made fun projects every day and learned new songs and Bible verses.

Almost got everyone looking in the right direction.
     Merrick...
Merrick has been alternately sleeping in his crib and in Beepa's bed in his room.  Sometimes, I tuck him in one place and find him in the other in the morning.  Next time a grandma visits, they may have to fight him off!

    Xavier...
 I have a tendency to cringe and coil like a spring on the inside any time someone asks, "Are you (insert child's name)'s mother?"  I'm pleasantly surprised when I hear things like I did at this week's VBS.  There was a woman there struggling to walk with a cane.  He asked her about the cane and told  her he was sorry that she couldn't walk well.  She told me he was such a sweetheart and she really appreciated their conversation.

    Malachi...
Mal found his favorite ship in the clearance section at Staples.  He convinced me to buy the last four TEAtanics; one for myself, one for a friend, and one each for him and Xav.


    What we're reading... 
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Yes, this book will take for. ev. er. at the rate we're going.  But it's all good.)

    In the yard... 
The boys would not stop monkeying with the ladder to the lower level of the treehouse.  One day, we had friends over.  Trish and I sat in the house chatting when we heard the kids shouting.  It didn't sound like anyone was hurt or upset, so we just laughed about how much fun they all seemed to be having out there.  Periodically, the shouting would start again.  Eventually, all the kids ran inside and told us they had been trapped in the treehouse when the ladder fell.  The neighbor boy had let them down.  And we laughed and laughed.  Excellent parents.  Many parenting awards coming our way!

Everyone was over to pick blueberries.  We found this little guy and watched him for a bit.



Had a snake in henhouse, too!  I saw it in there a few times, but whenever Micah looked it was nowhere to be found.  Finally, he caught it.  Did he kill it?  No!  He threw it back into the woods.  I've just been waiting for it to reappear, since it knows where a nice cozy home is.  YUCK!

    My favorite thing this week was…

I love Willy Wonka's bottle caps candy.  Well, I like the cherry, orange, and grape.  I LOVE the root beer and cola caps.  Micah bought a box and picked out all of my favorites to give to me.  Yum!


    We surprised the kids this week by…
Micah went to his class reunion.  When he returned from his parent's place, he brought a little four wheeler with him.  Xav had wanted to know why he had taken the van and removed the bench seats.  I told him Dad was bringing something home with him.  He assumed it was a van full of school papers and was very disgusted.

All of the boys can fit in the backseat of a regular car now.  Not that I want to part with my van...

When Micah got home, we sent Xav out to start unloading all of that school work.  Priceless.

Micah also came home bearing gifts from his parents, popcorn and "bread," preserved via suck and seal.

    This week's reviews... 
The Schoolhouse Review Crew's Roman Roads Media  

No comments: