Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Aug 23, 2014

Week in Review ~ 7/20/14

    In my life this week…
Goodbye to Jenny.
Went to church tonight for a goodbye party for my friend Jenny and her family.  They're moving.  our loss is Texas' gain.  Gonna miss you, Jenny!

Mom's night out.
Trisha and I finally planned an evening to escape.  We ended up bringing Trish's son and another mama friend.  Isaac was happy to play Kindle most of the time.  We headed to a coffee house where I tried an Italian soda.  We talked about school and Jenny leaving and all the other mama-type subjects.  It was terrific.  And it will probably be months before we manage one again.

    In our homeschool this week…
The boys decided to build Lego towers as tall as they are.  They got pretty tipsy near the end, but the done good.  Here are some pictures we took.


    What we're reading... 
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

    In the yard... 
One thing about gardening I don't care for is the weird bugs (caterpillars and others) that live in cauliflower and broccoli.  Yuck.  I'd bring it in and soak it in salt water.  Then when I chopped up the heads, I'd sometimes find a carcass.  One hung onto the broccoli through a saltwater soak and a blanching in boiling water.  I have a tough time with that.


    Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Date night. 
We were invited to a hitchin' for a man Micah used to work with.  It was a small event, with good company.  After, we left that party, we went to a new wood fired pizza joint.  Micah told me to choose any pizza that looked interesting to me.  I couldn't decide between two.  I asked the waitress, and God love her, she told me to get half and half.  So we had a white pizza with Buffalo chicken and a red pizza that was all Mexican.  We both preferred the chicken, but the Mexican was also good.


We hired Olivia (probably the last time before she comes back from college!) and she brought Jasmine along.  Mal and Xav were so excited.  They couldn't get us out of the house quickly enough.

    Things Dad is working on...
The treehouse, natch!  The walls are up!  Before we raised the walls up, I told Micah we should just set the house up around the base of the tree and tell the boys, "Psych!"


      Something I am ogling or have my eye on…
A new bridge.  Yes.  This one is gone and the only other one into town from this side is down to one lane this week.  Fabulous planning.


     This week's reviews... 
The Schoolhouse Review Crew's review of Apologia's Flourish

No comments: