Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Jul 26, 2014

Week in Review 6/22/14 Double Dose of VBS

Xav on the back porch, reading his Bible.
    In my life this week…
Merrick has decided it is time to start asking "Why?" a lot.

    In our homeschool this week…
We were on light duty this week.  I had some review items to keep up on, but we had two VBS every day.  I didn't realize how tiring that would be.

    What we're reading... 
Sarah, Plain and Tall








     Around the yard...
Micah bought me hens and chicks for the yard last year.  They make me think of my gramma and I've planted them at almost every place I've lived.  This year something happened that I never heard of before.  Apparently, this is a rooster.






    















Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Vacation Bible School and Vacation Bible School.  In the morning we headed to a nearby Methodist church for Weird Animals and in the evening we drove over to "Iguanas Church" (the Baptist church where we sometimes attend Awana, yes they call it iguanas) for Arrow Island, a tropical paradise.

Morning VBS did not have a class for Merrick.  We spent time at a school playground...

Merrick desperately wanted to play on the pirate ship.  He pushed, pulled, and kicked the fence.
 A town playground, the library, and just hanging out with friends.


At Weird Animals, Mal and Xav learned about the axolotl, leafy sea dragon, and other weird animals as well as Jesus Christ.


At evening VBS, they offered classes for ages 2-adult.  Merrick actually got to attend and he loved it!  This was at "Iguanas" church, so I had no problem with that.  Actually, the first night, Micah and I had an errand to run and we decided to do that alone after we signed the boys into their groups.  The rest of the week, I attended the adult VBS right along with the boys.

Iguanas church always goes all out for VBS!

Thursday morning, we found Xav sleeping in the recliner in the living room.  He did not want to miss VBS

I even got to talk with a new co-op mom who was also attend the adult class.  She and her sons visited Friday School last spring and decided they wanted to join in with our kooky group of homeschoolers.

One day, on the way out to evening VBS, I grabbed my binoculars.  I wanted to get a better look at the birds in a giant nest on the way over.  I used my phone's camera to take these pictures through the binoculars.


    A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…
When The Bigger shared a video with me of some little remote helicopter thing with a camera interacting with smiling people all over town, I was completely creeped out.  Some stranger, sitting on a rooftop, flying around spying on people.  Ummm.  No.  Not cool.  But I guess I am the only one who sees a problem with this.  Well, this woman who was spied upon probably isn't feeling the love either.

Just to balance that out, here's one of the funniest videos about businesses and engineering I've ever seen.  Yes, you can use funny and engineer in the same sentence.

    This week's reviews...

Schoolhouse Review Crew's Go Science DVDs from Library and Ed (including my own)
Schoolhouse Review Crew's Veritas Press

No comments: