Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Apr 8, 2014

THMJ Week of 3/30/14

    In my life this week…
The Longest and Most Fun Day Ever!
I took Malachi and Xavier to the Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium Friday morning, then came home and got ready for the Cowboy Mystery Dinner Theater fundraiser for our homeschool co-op. I'm writing a separate post for each of those events.

Grandma and Poppa of the Forest came to visit.  Grandma April fooled the punks that she and Poppa were moving in until Christmas.  They were perfectly happy to let them.


    In our homeschool this week…
 Malachi and I started using Logic of English.  I've learned a bunch of tidbits already and we've only completed one lesson!  When I tell Micah some obscure spelling rule, he seems to not believe me.  I need to make one up and prank him. 
Xav made a compass "rose" pointing in the right direction for it's location.



    In Rangers this week... 
We all went to Rangers this week.  Rainbows are working on the bear patch.
Recent verses are
S:  Seek the Lord while He may be found.  Isaiah 55:6
T:  Trust in the Lord with all your heart.  Proverbs 3:5
U:  Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks.  Psalm 75:1

    What we're reading...
Daddy started reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

    My kiddos favorite thing this week was…
Probably the Nerf war with The Bigger (who brought the bigger littles each a new Nerf weapon) and Grandma of the Forest.  Merrick also got his first very own Nerf gun this week.  Amazingly, he slept right through the war right outside his room!


    Things I’m working on…
While Grandma of the Forest was here, we got patches sewed onto vests and aprons.  I turned a renaissance fair costume into part of an old west costume.  It didn't get finished, but I had a nice skirt.  My Mother in Law made pancakes, banana muffins, and cinnamon rolls for the boys.  It isn't a visit with her without Xav at least getting pancakes.  She stitched a couch cushion for me.  We made a TON of potato salad for the cowboy barbecue dinner. 

Xav with his giraffe from Friday School last week.
    Things Dad is working on...
Micah had a cowboy costume to put together this week.  He also needed to replace the water tank.  Enough snow finally melted that some yard work could get done.  Micah and Xav burned some downed trees and branches.  And then it snowed again, covering the rest back up.

First (non-frozen) bubbles of the year.  Indoors.

    Out of the mouths of boys...
We have some Leapfrog magnet toys with letters.  Merrick is getting pretty good with letters and sounds.  One day, he sat on the floor playing and I hear the word builder singing, "The K says /K/" over and over and Merrick is saying, louder and louder, "No!  No!  /L/ /L/ /L/"  I asked if it was reading a letter wrong and Micah checked it.  It *was* wrong.  The L was in the toy, but it was reading it as a K!  Micah took the letter out and put it back in.  It worked fine and Merrick was happy.


Linking up to Christian Fellowship Friday
Weird Unsocialized Homeschooler
The Homeschool Mother's Journal



1 comment:

As He Leads is Joy said...

It looks like a fun week. I love the LeapFrog magnets. It was sad when we moved beyond them.