Cutest Blog and Widdlytink


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Jan 22, 2014

Homeschool Essentials: Daddy Times Two

5 Days of Homeschooling Essentials

My husband is so stinkin' incredible.  I thank God for him often.  He is funny and smart and quizzes and jokes with the boys in ways I cannot.  We don't think alike.  I may have mentioned the technology thing, and it doesn't stop there.

His parents raised him to be appreciative, to work for what he gets, and to be resourceful.  They also gave him an absolutely delightful, twisted sense of humor. It was the second thing I noticed about him, because, I have to say, he is CUTE!  Be still my heart!


Micah works so hard to care for us and our home.  The man seems to never tire.  Well, at least not until around 8 PM, when he has been known to drift off in the recliner.  Zzzzzz...  Without Micah's job, his support, and his strong sense of responsibility, it would be much more difficult, if not impossible to homeschool the Bigger Littles.

Now, I mentioned Daddy times two in the title of this post.  While I love my Dad, step-dad, and father-in-law, they are not the other daddy to which I am referring.  I mean my Heavenly Father.  He gets me through every single day.  Without His strength, I would not be doing this homeschool gig.  I cannot tell you how many days I thought would be my last homeschool day.  Some days have been rough.  High expectations.  Restless boys.  Short tempers.  Even apathy.  These things steal the joy from the idyllic family life I imagined when we made the decision to homeschool.  I am not above stopping everything and praying.  I'm also not always in that spot.  Once the snowball is rolling, sometimes we forget that God is for us.  Nothing can stand against us, not even that bright yellow school bus.

"What a privilege to be challenged so beyond our ability we must rely on our great God. Because if we could be a great mom on our own, then we wouldn't need God." - Heather MacFadyen of God Centered Mom

Please go read some of the other bloggers in the Homeschooling Essentials carnival.

Lisa @ A Rup Life
Jordyn @ Almost Supermom
Jenn @ Teaching Two Stinkers
Crystal @ Crystal Starr Blog
Jennifer @ Chestnut Grove Academy
Brandi @ Brandi Raae
Wendy @ Simplicity Breeds Happiness
Kym @ Homeschool Coffee Break
Lynn @ Ladybug Chronicles

3 comments:

Lynn said...

what a great post. I love hearing praises in regards to marriage..

Kirstin said...

Perfect post! I could steal it and just substitute Luke's name. :) What would we do if it weren't for fathers, both in Heaven and on earth? Love it!!

Leah Courtney said...

I am very glad for my husband and his support and for my Heavenly Father!